I've been so busy working, trying to fit in my "regular" activities of band rehearsal, going to the gym, club meetings, and occasionally seeing friends that I totally and completely forgot my dad's birthday on Wednesday.
It was his 60th.
I feel bad about forgetting to call, but now that I'm reminded of it I remember how complicated I feel about it. Basically my dad refused to organize anything for my mom's 60th birthday a few months ago because it "wasn't a good time" to have a party, but he expects everyone to make an effort for his own birthday.
Anyway, I feel like this is the first birthday of my parents that has really struck me. It's like....they're actually old now. I guess I associated people to their age when I was a kid/young teenager, so for me my parents are between 45 and 55, and my grandma is in her late 60's. Except that now it's my parents who are in their 60's! (and my grandmother is 80 of course).
As for work stories, today I discovered the blocked off old servants staircase. It's actually kind of a shame that it's blocked off because we could use an "inside" access to the ground floor without having to use the regular stairwell that's really cold.
No comments:
Post a Comment