Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The 'other' blogosphere

Since I've more or less decided to tune in a bit more to the country around me, I bought Vendredi Hebdo (1€50) on Saturday.

Never heard of it? It's only been around 14 weeks. Each Friday this weekly newspaper reprints the best of the French blogosphere. I admit that I'm not that curious in my blog followings (I follow expat and cute animal blogs...) so it's nice to catch up on the best of what's out there (beyond cats in boxes and expats doing things...)

When I have a moment, I want to check out mcsinfo.u-strasbg.fr which apparently explains the European political parties and the upcoming European elections. "Huh? What elections?" you say. Exactly. Okay, I only learned about them as of 3:30pm this afternoon and apparently there's a slight scandel/political issue about Rachida Dati who will represent France.

Anyone else read Vendredi Hebdo or more in tune with the French blogosphere? I'm embarassed to admit that I'm discovering that it's way more developed than I thought (which lots of University professors writing blogs, for instance).

No comments: