Wednesday, February 11, 2009

On the internship front

Just an update that things are going better.

I have an interview Friday and positive feedback from 2 other places that might want to meet me soon. Two places are theaters, and the other does aerospatial research. I'm slightly more interested in the scientific place and I think speaking English is more important for them than for the theaters (even if they have a lot of international artists). There's probably more of a future in studying global warming as well than contemporary theater.

If everything goes as planned, I won't have to do my backup internship that's un-paid, only three months, and really unstructured. I won't count my eggs before they hatch though. I might still apply for 2 or 3 more internships this week as a pre-emptive act in case this round of interviews doesn't lead to anything.

3 comments:

BlondeInFrance said...

I hope things work out for you! Waiting to know for Ben's internship was definitely super stressful, and such a relief when he finally heard. Good luck!

Ksam said...

Chickens! It's "I won't count my chickens before they hatch". (Coming from someone who would know, lol)

PS. good luck with the interviews

L said...

hahah, guess I'm screwing up my English now, in addition to my French.

The interview went well, except that they asked me how well I write in French (to know, of course, if they can depend on me to write stuff independently or if they'd have to correct it).

I won't hold my breath till they get back to me.