Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Better every day

This has been a really good week.

First, I'm on vacation, and getting things done.

Next, I got a call Monday from the Theater where I interviewed for an internship and they offered it to me! I went back today to start filling out the contract (convention de stage) that students always have to have. It's a three way contract between the student, the company, and the university and it assures that the student will be employed for a certain time period, get paid a certain amount (usually 30% of minimum wage), and then the company can show the government they have student interns and receive subventions in return.

Plus, there are more tulip buds! Plants growing might not seem very exciting, but ever since I was a kid I've always enjoyed planting things and watching them grow. I'm all about the delayed gratification. But seriously, isn't it amazing that you put something in the ground and water it and wait and then there are pretty flowers or nice plants?

And then I saw the message from Facebook about their Terms of Use when I logged on this morning. They're changing them back! If you haven't heard about the controversy, check out this article on rue89. Here's CNN's article about Facebook backing down and changing their Terms of Use. There's also a Facebook group against the new Terms of Use which explains the issues fairly well. Search for "people against new terms of use" or maybe "terms of service".

I've also been going to my Auto Ecole regularly, and for several hours, this week, and I've seen my scores increase. I've also been studying all those tricky things, like beginnging at what PTAC do you need a carte grise for your remorque, and at what PTAC do you need a Permis E (B) (Answer: 500kg and when the remorque is more than 750kg and heavier than your empty car or the remorque and your car together weigh more than 3,5T. Whew!) This afternoon I'll be back there again. Friday or Monday they'll have the exam dates for March and I'm signing up. If all goes as planned, I will have the Code sometime in March, then practice driving a bit, and then pass the driving test before too long.

Now if only yesterday's sunshine would come back...

No comments: