Tonight B and I watched Tropic Thunder, Ben Stiller's most recent movie. In classic Ben Stiller style is was "n'importe nawak" (over the top/cheese ball).
Since it was only released last month in theaters, we *cough* um, have a "pre-release". And it ended up being the dubbed French version.
Normally I'm really against watching dubbed movies 1) on principle, and 2) because the voices are so important. When the movie started B said the voice over was done by the actor who usually dubbs Sylvestor Stalone, but it ended up being Nick Nolte he was dubbing. I didn't pick up on the familiar dubbing voice, but when you know Ben Stiller and Jack Black's voices, it's not the same dubbed.
All the same, a movie with little other redeming factor (besides being so crazy goofball it's actually kind of funny) taught me some French!
ecrasez une paquerette: sit down/plop down
couler un bronze: poop
I probably could have learned more slang phrases, but I was only listening with one ear.
Now I know two more (slightly un-usable) phrases!
1 comment:
Ecraser une pâquerette...Je n'ai JAMAIS entendu cette expression!
En revanche, couler un bronze est une jolie expression, pour un peu on se prendrait pour Rodin...
Post a Comment