Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Neolid, the reusable transportable mug

My husband happened across some Neolid mugs in a store in Toulouse that sells things like bento boxes and re-usable pocket warmers, and the more we learned about the mugs the more we liked.

The innovative concept of these mugs/cups is that they have a silicon membrane that you twist to close, which means you can cover your drink on the go and don't have to keep track of a lid. You can also insert a straw and then twist the membrane closed up to the straw. For taking a drink in the car or having it around your computer, it's really perfect.

Here's their description of the mug: "Fondée en 2012 neolid fabrique le Mug TWIZZ le mug isotherme, étanche et sans couvercle. Ce Travel mug magique fait une bonne idée cadeau design et utile pour les adeptes de thé, café et boissons fraiches. Indispensable  pour les geeks au bureau, les mamans actives ou les voyageurs  qui recherchent étanchéité et isothermie."

I don't have a picture of my own mug and I don't want to link to a picture that will be changed, so check out the Neolid website to see what the mugs look like.

In addition to being cool re-usable mugs, they are also French! On the video page you can see them explain they are based in Lyon. In May 2014 they participated in the Lepine competition, but didn't win (the competition awards the best new technology/patent in France).

Overall I've been really satisfied with my mug. When I use it for tea, I actually have to wait a couple minutes before I can drink it because it keeps the heat so well! I haven't tried it as much for cold drinks, but it should keep them cold too.

They don't have a list of stores that stock the mug, but if you order two to be shipped within Europe the shipping is free.

No comments: