I was listening to the Canadian radio show Definitely Not the Opera today, and the subject was 'What have you always wanted to ask your neighbor?"
At first I thought I didn't have an answer, but then I realized I have a burning question: how can my neighbors live with their shutters closed 90% of the time? We live on the ground floor, so I understand keeping the shutters closed when you're not home, but we're on the parking lot side, not street side, so when you're home it seems normal to open them. But in the 2 1/2 years we've lived here, I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen the windows open. The shutters have been open a few more times. How can you live without natural light?
My next question would be for the people who live above us: why do you wear stiletto heels at home all the time? I can hear the click click click walking fairly often, even in the bedroom (same floorplan).
And my last neighborly question would be for the older woman who only wears mini skirts, heels, and lots of make-up: where are you going like that? The casino? Some high class bar? The supermarket?
Unlike some of the people on the radio show, I don't think I will ever go and ask these questions. I wonder what our neighbors would ask us about though. Everything we do seems logical to us!
2 comments:
I can't believe "Why on Earth does your cat always smell like laundry??" wasn't one of them!! :)
Haha, but I think the answer is as simple as: she sleeps on the fresh laundry. That or they use cat perfume.
Post a Comment