I spent 2 weeks in California in September, but I didn't write anything about it on this blog. For the first time, I felt like it was almost a bad trip. I even said to B that next time we should skip my hometown and fly in and out of San Francisco, see my family near Yosemite, end of story.
Thanks to My American Market's link on Facebook, I found this post on Lost in Cheeseland. It sums up exactly what I felt.
I had friends cancel plans because of housework, just not feeling like it, and a work schedule they forgot to tell me about. It was the first time a trip back "home" made me angry.
The hardest part of a trip like that is realizing a) you aren't more important to your friends than their daily routine and b) maybe it's not worth it working to keep up the friendship anymore. This is especially frightening to me because I think 'the older you get the more you need the people you knew when you were younger' and because at one point I was extremely close to these friends.
So does your hometown seem like it's stuck in time?
No comments:
Post a Comment