right back where I started from!
I'm going to have to break out the Phantom Menace song.
So good news and bad news: B and I are officially Pacsed, and our rental company sent us a letter saying they're increasing our rent starting September. Great...
One more reason for moving. I think Akerys is just taking advantage of the fact that there aren't many apartments in our town and few are rented particulier à particulier. Akerys has put in several complexes, so they pretty much own the market here.
It seems strange that our Pacs will be registered here in this small town where we'll never live again. The Pacs guy asked me if I was registered in Nantes as someone born abroad. I was a little confused as to why he was asking that because I'm not French. He complimented my French, only it was just last night that B was telling me to stop the Franglais when I said "repayer" to mean "repay" instead of "venger".
Right, California here I come, dum dum dum dum do di dum....
1 comment:
Did you guys both have the mandatory "certificat de non-pacs" with you? Because normally you need one, but we all know how France is!!
Anyways, French citizens can get them from the tribunal in the town where they were born, but all of us foreigners have to get it from a place in Nantes (also where you would get your casier judiciaire from, in case you ever need one to teach English for a private school - I did). Though I think that law changed this summer and you can now get it from the tribunal in the town where you live....
Post a Comment