Thursday, August 18, 2011

What not to eat

Back in June when it was really hot, I had a Mr. Freeze (Otter pop equivalent) at the Prairie des Filtres in Toulouse and it really hit the spot. The next time at the grocery store I decided to buy myself some Mr. Freeze for those hot days.

But money being a bit tight, I decided to go for the cheaper brand: Yeti.

Of course then the weather changed and all of July was cool. Two days ago it was pretty hot in Toulouse and I decided to break out the frozen snacks.

I randomly chose a blue one. I gave a pink one to my husband.

If I had eaten my toothpaste, it would have been the same. My husband had to suffer through some really awful bubble gum flavoring.

So now I know why Mr. Freeze is the market leader in frozen flavored treats: they actually taste good.

We're trying to come up with ideas for how to get rid of our multi-pack now. Current ideas include leaving them in the freezer of a friend who is on vacation and entrusted us with watering his plants.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Offer them to kids. They love them.

L said...

I ended up taking them to a barbecue when it was really hot and lots of people grabbed them up before they realized how lousy they were. I only had about 6 left after party (from a multi pack of 30), so we left them in our friend's freezer!

Steve said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steve said...

I was born and raised in Southern France, and the only brand we knew at that time was Yeti. I actually still call these treats Yeti, which causes some puzzled looks from people who did not grow up in Southern France :-)
Stick to the cola, lemon, or orange flavors. They're safe :)