On Friday I went sales shopping with a new American friend in Toulouse, and I found a bunch more crazy t-shirts at Bershka.
T-shirt #1
Front:
Probably later
This afternoon
March 8 1976
PM 3:00
Back:
The taste of world.
Bring a really new
experience traveling
Our concept of
"every day changes".
T-shirt # 2 and 3 had an image of a head band with ears on it
# 2 bunny ears
Text: Loving loving bunny jumping
# 3 wolf ears
Text: Awwwww! Lovely wolf
#4
My soul is boho
always a dreamer
#5 drawing of two cats with pearl necklaces
Which one do you think is more cute?
(Had to include it for all those English teachers out there)
#6 imitation university/Franklin and Marshall t-shirt
Morning Beauty
Life is beautiful if
you want to
Superior Horse Club
next to the drawing of a girl on a horse is a bubble with "Next winner!"
#7 drawing of a girl pointing to her upper lip where a fake mustache has been drawn on
Text: Enjoy this mustache party
These t-shirts bring up several points:
1. Is "boho" an acceptable abbreviation for 'bohemian'? Personally I don't think so.
2. Am I the only one that feels like a 'mustache party' could be a code name for something sexual?
3. Bunny ears on a head band, à la limite... But why wolf ears? Is there some French association of sexy with wolves that I've never heard about?
While I was in Bershka I saw a teenage girl and her mother coming out of the dressing room with a trendy t-shirt not unlike the ones I just described. They ended up putting it back on the rack because the mother felt it was too "classique" and not special enough. Ahh the days of my mother vetoing shopping decisions!
No comments:
Post a Comment