Monday, January 3, 2011

Bonne année!


I hope Santa brought you lots of gifts this January 1st... wait no, that's not it...

Can someone explain why this Bonne Année decoration is sold with Santas on it? I guess if the French think Santa helps out for the new year, I can understand why most French people I've met never realized Jews don't celebrate Christmas before I pointed it out.

Here are my 3 resolutions of the year:
1. To mindlessly surf the internet less
2. Read more books (with all that time not spent on the computer)
3. Chuck/donate/store more stuff I don't need/use (I'm looking at you teaching supplies for elementary students from 2007 gathering dust in the garage).

4 comments:

Ksam said...

Ha, I still have all my teaching supplies from 2005-2007 too, and even though I hated teaching and will likely never do it again, I just can't bring myself to throw them away!!!

Crystal said...

Happy New Year! Your resolutions are very similar to mine and while I think spending less time on the internet will make me more productive, I'm wondering if I will actually be able to follow through!

Best of luck in 2011 :)

J said...

Heh yeah, I should try to stick to those 3 things too!

L said...

I also have a whole bunch of 'prizes' I don't know what to do with. My mom sent me mechanical pencils, glittery pens, and funny erasers for me to use as rewards for good behavior/participation and I didn't give all of them out during the year. What do I do with glittery pens perfect for 8 year olds?!