Friday, April 30, 2010

Visitors

Last weekend we had some house guests, which means turning our living room into a bedroom each evening, and then the other way around in the morning.

B's friends were really good about putting the couch back into couch position each morning and stacking all their stuff in the corner, so I really couldn't complain, but I remain mystified by French guests' proclivity to fold all their sheets at the end of their stay. I think just about every French friend/relative we've had stay with us has given me their used sheets at the end of their stay neatly folded. B says it's what you're taught in France, "l'éducation", but for me folded sheets will forever mean clean sheets. Why go the bother of folding something dirty that will have to be unfolded in order to wash it?

In any case, it was much easier on me to host some friends than my in-laws because I didn't have to worry about having enough wine, bread, or cheese. They even cooked a super Japanese meal, oyakudon, the evening they arrived, which was just fabulous because I was rather tired and not up to cooking!

More about the reason they came to stay in a later post....

1 comment:

Ksam said...

Ohh, a cliffhanger!! ;)

And I'm not sure, but I think I folded the sheets when I came to stay...I guess it's just to make it look a bit neater, rather than leaving just a jumble of sheets in a pile on the couch.