B and I have been on kind of a movie streak recently, so I thought I'd mention some of the latest movies we've seen.
Watching the Oscars we learned that the best animated short film was Logorama, which is actually French. The film uses logos and mascots to illustrate just about everything in the film, and it's fun to identify all the logos. The majority are international/American logos or brands, but a few French/European ones were sneaked in as well, so it's fun to find them.
Saturday night I felt like an action film, so we started The Bourne Identity. It's a good movie, but definitely didn't reinvent the genre. When it ended it was just about 10pm, and feeling a little crazy (and not having to work in the morning), we started the second Bourne movie. And when it was over we watched the third! The three movies are decent if not terribly surprising, but for anyone who's traveled in Europe it's fun to identify the sites in the movies. I think the producers decided they wanted to travel, so all three movies basically move between different big European cities (Paris, Berlin, London, Madrid, Naples, Zurich, Moscow....).
And to mention our other recent movie nights, we really enjoyed An Education and The Blind Side, both of which we heard about through their Oscar nominations.
Just for fun, we watched Toy Story, and I was happy to learn that a Toy Story 3 is coming out soon.
1 comment:
Since you're watching Oscar movies, I definitely recommend Crazy Heart when it comes out on DVD. Jeff Bridges really deserved the Best Actor award, and Maggie Gyllenhaal was fantastic. It's a little sad, but in the end it's a story of redemption.
Post a Comment