I don't want my blog to become the agony column (or Doctissimo as B put it), so I'll share about all the things that aren't impaired by my vision problem:
Shopping! Yes I bought some new sandals, a dress from 1-2-3, and some cute pj's from Darjeeling. There are few things I really need, and I calculated that the last time I bought clothes for myself was in December, so now that my spree is over I can go another 6 months.
Culture! While B and I were in downtown Toulouse shopping we saw a parade go by with people in tradition dresses and they handed out flyers explaining the four days of festivities related to folk dances, traditional games, and folk music (hautbois languedocien, boha, boudègues).
I'll post some pictures and videos soon, but I learned that castanets are used in traditional dances from Menorca and Portugal (not just in Flamenco) and that there are French dances (from Provence) that ressemble Irish jigs! The dancers tap the ground with batons as well to "scare away bad spirits". I'll post a video of the group that danced all in wooden clogs.
No comments:
Post a Comment