I finally called and made doctor/dentist appointments today. I don't love calling people I don't know, so I put it off till Friday. I called the dentist first, and after I'd agreed on a date, I thought he said "C'est pourquoi?" so I started talking about my molar that hurts and I think I have a cavity, bla bla bla. "Non, votre nom" he cut in. I think he actually said "C'est pour qui". I was obviously embarrassed, but I didn't make the same mistake calling the other doctors today. The same thing already happened to me too. Last year I was sick with a cold that wouldn't go away, so I called my medicin traitant and made an appointment. "Et vous êtes...?" the receptionist asked me. "Enrhumé," I replied very seriously. You'd think I'd learn. B is always very amused by these stories, needless to say.
Tonight I decided to make the round squash we bought last week. Since we've been trying to save money by not buying lots of meat, we eat frozen salmon or frozen steak haché (hamburger) when we have meat. I wanted to spice things up, so next I made a simple rice pilaf with onions. I finished all my dessert cremes, so once we done with our squash, rice pilaf, and hamburger (with béarnaise of course!) I made butterscotch brownies. They taste really yummy, except that I kind of screwed up and didn't look up what gas mark I should put the oven on for 325°. Found out the hard way 6 is a bit too high ("Smells like something's burning...."). But they weren't fully done when I took them out, so I had to put them back into the pan (I really wanted to serve them) and put it back in the oven for 10 minutes. I don't know if they were really supposed to be that gooey, but I served them anyway after that. B agreed they were tasty. I'm happy he's a good audience for all my American style cooking and baking. I'd be pretty upset if he didn't love angel food cake as much as I do.
I don't know if I should be eating a dessert with sugar as the main ingredient when I'm worried I have a cavity, but they were so yummy and I can feel good about already having an appointment.
And for your viewing pleasure, the local news. To the left of the video there's a list of the news segments, starting with "Les titres du journal de la semaine". Scroll down to Meteo and enjoy. You can also play the report from the beginning and fast forwards till the end for the weather report. And after you've laughed good and hard, remember that people like that really do exist.
No comments:
Post a Comment