Inside and out. The wind has been blowing our shades and with the rain, I sure don't want to go outside. Gray skies.
And I don't know why, but I just feel blah as well. I've got three months of mail to go through, a suitcase and a half to put away, and my desk to organize. There's also some laundry and general straightening to be done.
We at least have things to eat now, having gone shopping yesterday. When we got home though we couldn't find the TP we bought. I looked at the receipt and it's not listed, so we can't figure out where it went between the moment we put it in the cart and paying.
Last night I felt motivated to look at job listings, so I printed out a few, but 2am is not really the time to dive into a project like that. I wrote down a few American companies that operate in France from the directory by Uniworld before I left San Diego. I was surprised there were 75 pages for France, although most of them are chemical, software, or aeronautical companies.
I'm supposed to decide if I want Code de la Route classes for Christmas as well. Maybe it was Le Divorce that put me in this that's-so-dumb mood, but I find it ridiculous that I can't take the test without first signing up for the classes.
Christmas music is playing, but when B heard Perry Como and Celine Dion he said "This is what you missed last year?" He's agreed to listen to it, but he doesn't get the appeal. I also learned that his family never bought a real Christmas tree; they always had a fake. My family always always bought a big real Christmas tree (and my parents groaned at the price) and only got a fake tree once I left home. I understand a little better now why B doesn't think that much of Christmas decorations. We were just talking about when to give gifts and the fact that B likes to give gifts as soon as he buys them, which reminded me of the gift exchanges I used to do with friends in middle school and high school. Back in the days when I used to wear a bell and reindeer antlers that lit up when we had holiday assemblies. And red turtlenecks my mom had ordered from LandsEnd. Maybe those days are best forgotten....
2 comments:
My mom's ob-gyn once served her a glass of wine while she was pregnant. (They were rather awkwardly seated at the same table at some social function.) A glass every now and then, especially after the first trimester, is fine.
A real tree is 100% necessary!!!!
My Christmas music is mostly MHC Vespers stuff. :)
My parents always got a real tree too -- I think they even still get a real one today! And it's a big tradition that they go out together to choose it on a farm each year. But then it ends up getting decorated at the VERY LAST MINUTE. Now that none of us kids are living at home anymore, there's no one to do the decorating job!
I broke down and got a real tree for our apartment this year, but mainly because we're going to be having some friends over on Saturday, so I wanted to have the place be as festive as possible. I will be putting out lots of candles and such as well, so I'm hoping that, along with the holiday music, will put us all in the mood!
Post a Comment