Then I got the email detailing the plans of the bachelorette day. And once again I felt very American. Of course the only "real" bachelorette party I've been to was in Brussels for a French-American bride and the day was organized by her Dutch sister-in-law (so perhaps my basis of comparison is skewed) but still...
I'll let you judge:
Salut les filles,
L'échance approche... voici donc un petit aperçu du programme de la journée.
12:00
Rdv chez la future Mariée pour l'emmener pic-niquer au bord du lac de
Villeneuve (chacune apportera une petite spécialité de son choix, mais
nous y reviendrons plus tard :)).
Pendant le pic-nic : gages et défis !
16:00 :
Salsabil, hamman, sauna... avec accès au salon VIP, thé à la menthe et
patisseries orientales (j'ai donc besoin de savoir combien d'entre vous
ferons le hammam car si pas de hamman, pas de salon VIP :( Merci de me
donner l'info avant la fin de la semaine dans l'idéal pour que je puisse
aller déposer un chèque de caution). Pour celles qui ne souhaitent pas
(ou ne peuvent pas) pas de soucis, elle pourront papoter dans le salon
Vip en nous attendant.
Pour info Hamman (2h max) = 21eur, le soin de la mariée est offert par nous :) (chacune met ce qu'elle veut !)
On refera un point "financement" un peu plus tard :)
19:00 : Apéro chez moi (Balma), retouches maquillage ou changement de fringues pour la soirée :)
20:30 - 21:00 : Resto Rouge Tendance à Labège http://www. rougetendance.fr/presentation. html
Fin de soirée : Planet Rock bien sûr !!! (Emilie, je ne sais pas si tu as pu voir avec eux pour notre soirée ?)
La
tenue de notre future mariée et en cours de confection ;) mais je peux
déjà vous dire qu'elle vous plaira ! En ce qui nous concerne ce sera
dress code rose (un top au moins ) :)
J'aurais aussi besoin
que chacune d'entre vous prenne une partie de son corps (visible :p) en
photo, ceci fera l'objet d'un petit jeu afin de voir si la future mariée
nous connaît bien !
Vous pourrez aussi amener le jour J, un
aliment de votre choix au gout particulier que nous lui ferons découvrir
les yeux bandés :)
Je ne sais pas si le
programme de la journée nous permettra de prévoir d'autres gages dans
des lieux publics par exemple, mais je suis à votre écoute si vous avez
des idées.
Je vous en dis à très vite.
Bises à toutes,
***UPDATE***
While I wasn't feeling very confident about going, the whole thing ended up being pretty nice.
I arrived late due to construction work, and the bride was blindfolded, pulling outrageous things out of a bag that she would have to wear for the day (pink tutu, pink headband with antennae, sash, etc). We did the picnic, although the blind folded tasting didn't happen (too bad because I had made spice cookies that would have been neat to taste blind folded). We let the bride think we were doing sky diving and drove her blind folded to the spa. The spa was nice, although at 29€ a bit more expensive than planned. Next we took the bride to the local Carrefour centre commercial and she had 30 minutes to get a bunch of random things from people (think condom, piece of chewing gum, faire la bise with a man with a mustache, etc). Then we headed to the sister's place, but stopped off at McDonalds where the bride had to ask for ice (we got a garbage bag full!) and a young guy from a Vietnamese restaurant ran out into the parking lot when he saw us to give us lollipops. After a little apéro, playing with the sister's 2 month old kitten, and changing clothes, we went to the restaurant. I really don't like the restaurant (overpriced mediocre food) but I went along with everything and got the 34€ menu. The club was closed for some reason, so we went back to the bride's house and put on our own music and danced in the living room. I left a little after 2 in the morning for the 30 minute drive home. The only "bad" thing about the day was that I didn't get the memo to wear pink! Everyone else was wearing pink except me, which is really a shame because I have a large selection of pink and magenta items in my wardrobe.
***UPDATE***
While I wasn't feeling very confident about going, the whole thing ended up being pretty nice.
I arrived late due to construction work, and the bride was blindfolded, pulling outrageous things out of a bag that she would have to wear for the day (pink tutu, pink headband with antennae, sash, etc). We did the picnic, although the blind folded tasting didn't happen (too bad because I had made spice cookies that would have been neat to taste blind folded). We let the bride think we were doing sky diving and drove her blind folded to the spa. The spa was nice, although at 29€ a bit more expensive than planned. Next we took the bride to the local Carrefour centre commercial and she had 30 minutes to get a bunch of random things from people (think condom, piece of chewing gum, faire la bise with a man with a mustache, etc). Then we headed to the sister's place, but stopped off at McDonalds where the bride had to ask for ice (we got a garbage bag full!) and a young guy from a Vietnamese restaurant ran out into the parking lot when he saw us to give us lollipops. After a little apéro, playing with the sister's 2 month old kitten, and changing clothes, we went to the restaurant. I really don't like the restaurant (overpriced mediocre food) but I went along with everything and got the 34€ menu. The club was closed for some reason, so we went back to the bride's house and put on our own music and danced in the living room. I left a little after 2 in the morning for the 30 minute drive home. The only "bad" thing about the day was that I didn't get the memo to wear pink! Everyone else was wearing pink except me, which is really a shame because I have a large selection of pink and magenta items in my wardrobe.
1 comment:
That sounds about right. With the games, it's almost like a combination bridal shower/bachelorette party. My Americanness sees the costumes and matching outfits as so weird, so I didn't have that for mine, but I'm happy to go along with it for others! And the hamam sounds nice. Wear comfortable shoes and have fun!
Post a Comment