
So I actually do have some things to say about my cat, other than that she's adorable and a huge pain (anybody know which curtain rods are the best for resisting cats that climb curtains?).
First, is that it's now required to get your domestic animals registered in France by tattooing or getting the micro-chip, so we did the micro-chip. It's more expensive, but apparently tattooing isn't great because as the animal grows the tattoo becomes very hard to read. You can also update the information linked to the chip.
We got the card in the mail about a week ago from the organization that takes care of keeping track of owner addresses, and I was curious why it was a "canine card". Does anyone know if this is normal? Or was Tartiflette incorrectly registered as a dog?
This is Tartiflette doing one of her favorite activities: watching the laundry.
Next, we had a few behavior issues: digging in our potted plant, scratching off some wallpaper... We use a spray bottle to spritz Tartiflette when she does something we don't like (jumps on the table, plays with the trash can, jumps on drying laundry...), but it wasn't working for the digging or the ripping. She also was constantly at my bonsai plants. So when I went by a gardening store, I checked out the animal aisle. I got a "herb à chat kit" where the seeds are included in a little tray with some soil and you just add water; so far it's growing really well and is slowly becoming interesting to Tartiflette. I noticed the cat had a few fleas, so I was actually looking for something to treat our chair cushions and couch when I happened across a bottle of "repulsif à chat". It's basically extract of geraniums, which cat's hate. I sprayed some on the wall and in the soil of our plant and all that bad behavior is over! I tried spritzing it on the table cloth as well, but it didn't seem to keep Tartiflette away very much. At the gardening store, the anti-cat spray was available in the animal aisle, but also in the gardening aisle next to the ant, snail, and aphid products. It was cheaper buying the product from the gardening section than the pet section.
Next, we had a few behavior issues: digging in our potted plant, scratching off some wallpaper... We use a spray bottle to spritz Tartiflette when she does something we don't like (jumps on the table, plays with the trash can, jumps on drying laundry...), but it wasn't working for the digging or the ripping. She also was constantly at my bonsai plants. So when I went by a gardening store, I checked out the animal aisle. I got a "herb à chat kit" where the seeds are included in a little tray with some soil and you just add water; so far it's growing really well and is slowly becoming interesting to Tartiflette. I noticed the cat had a few fleas, so I was actually looking for something to treat our chair cushions and couch when I happened across a bottle of "repulsif à chat". It's basically extract of geraniums, which cat's hate. I sprayed some on the wall and in the soil of our plant and all that bad behavior is over! I tried spritzing it on the table cloth as well, but it didn't seem to keep Tartiflette away very much. At the gardening store, the anti-cat spray was available in the animal aisle, but also in the gardening aisle next to the ant, snail, and aphid products. It was cheaper buying the product from the gardening section than the pet section.
Tartiflette playing with one her favorite toys: and empty beer pack
Another free toy: a ceral box with a hole cut out so she could try to attack our toes



3 comments:
She is so cute!!! Makes me want to get a second cat...a little kitten!
When we got our cat we got the mirco-chip as well, figuring it was better and more permanent. Not to mention the fact that it was supposed to be so easy to change the information. But apparently that only works in France because here in the US the micro-chip system seems to be completely different, at least from what our American vet has been saying compared to what our French vet had told us. So it looks like we might have to get his French chip removed and an American chip put in.
And I definitely recommend the herbe à chat, our cat absolutely loves it!
Love the pics of her in the boxes...totally Maru-esque!
I tried the cat nip growing kit on Noe and he didnt want any part of it. Pinch (the dog) would nibble some of the shoots from time to time, but the grass was an all out fail. Now I'm thinking I'll give it another go with crazy Mini who loves anything and everything you give her to play with.
Tartiflette is really cute!
It's the new maru website!
Post a Comment