In a newsletter I receive, I just saw a link about the "Semaine des cultures étrangères à Paris" from September 23 to October 2.
I've never heard about it (but then again I don't live in Paris), but this is the 10th year, and for the anniversary there is a piano concert September 30th.
From what I can figure out on the website, it's kind of like a synchronized open house week for all the "Maison de ____" in Paris. Some of the events look really neat: surpise tasting at the Armenian house; debates, concerts, plays at the German, Bulgarian, and Egyptian houses; film projections, dance performances, art exhibits, and much more. One of the nights there will be speed-dating style language courses, where you spend a couple minutes teaching your native language and learning a new one from a language partner.
For those of you living around Paris, has anyone been to previous culture weeks? Anyone planning on going? Can you report back? (or do your own blog post?)
Since I love these kind of events, this is probably one of the few times I regret living in a city not really large enough to have representatives from so many countries. Toulouse does have a few international culture events, but not on the same scale, of course.
No comments:
Post a Comment