Thursday, May 20, 2010

I've been avoiding my blog. Not that I haven't had any blog worthy topics to write about, but I guess I wanted to avoid being confronted by my own post of the fact that I won't be renewed at my job.

But lets talk about those other blog worthy topics:
• a guy at the gym actually used the "So, do you come here often?" line with me. I was nice and chatted for 5 minutes before he asked me out for a drink and I had to break it to him that I was married.
• France 2 has apparently invested in a gadget touch screen huge tv for their reporter to move numbers and pictures around like on CNN
• I went to the municipal green houses a few weeks ago and it was really cool to see lots of flowers and plants
• I discovered a really good Toulouse restaurant "Le Bruit qui Court" with some friends a few weeks ago; we've gotten into a good pattern of getting together fairly often
• I spent 62€ on two bottles of Guinot exfoliating scrub because the rare limited-edition triple size bottles are available (but only 12 per esthetician) because it's the only scrub I've found in France that really works for me
• our neighbor's cat has decided we're her friends and our apartment is her apartment too
• a friend living in Paris will be moving very shortly to Toulouse and I'll get to take care of his rabbit when he travels for work
• I made my first Paypal money transfer to my parents to help with my loans so they can pay for tickets instead to come to a wedding this summer
• I'll be playing the flute and B the oboe at the mentioned wedding this summer

So not bad, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I understand that feeling about not wanting to see your own blog that reminds you of bad stuff. All the more reason to blog about fun stuff when it happens!

Courage!