Since I have my own job now I don't have to stay on the same mutuelle account as B, so I've started the process of trying to figure out if I want to stay with the company we have, or change to another one.
The problem with finding a mutuelle is that they are often regional (our current one is only in Midi-Pyrénées), and that a lot of people have one according to their job category or through their employer. I wanted to ask some of my French friends, but I realized that several of them are teachers/professors, so they have special mutuelles. I suppose I do know some other people who aren't in any special category, so maybe I can get some suggestions. Anyone have a mutuelle not linked to their job that they really like?
We're also looking into wiring money to the states to pay my college loans. My bank offers it online, but there are a bunch of different fees. Has anyone tried using PayPal to send money to a friend/family? There's still one small % fee because of the change of currency, but from reading the FAQ's it seems it would be cheaper. Any experience with that?
Other than that, I also have to decide if I'm going to renew my gym membership. My gym is okay, but not really great, and I wonder if it wouldn't be better to try some other place. I wish there was a better local municipal solution like my parents' community club, but anything that's open to the public in France tends to be in pretty poor shape.
2 comments:
I can't remember if you wear glasses, but I have MCD and I get 200 a year for contacts AND 200 a year for glasses. I think most other mutuelles make you choose.
I used Paypal to transfer my dollars to euros a few years ago. It worked fine, and the exchange rate wasn't too bad. French (or maybe EU) paypal accounts have a 2500€ limit per year on transactions though, so you can't send a ton of money.
Post a Comment