Wednesday, November 25, 2009

You rock Grandma

Both grandmother's sent me emails recently, and for as high-tech savvy as they are, they still are grandma's.

From one Grandma:
"A question......do you & B have a CD player? I am wondering 'cause I am thinking of sending a CD of Christmas music to you - but, of course, I want to be sure that you have a "player."
I replied very kindly that I would love the CD (because Christmas music is the best) and that my computer lets me play music CDs (as does hers....).

Next Grandma:
Bob and I were invited to go to my brother's house, but I don't want to drive that far. It would mean leaving Glenn's by 3:00 p.m. in order to be home before dark. I remember when I was sixty years old of hearing about the old people causing traffic accidents and now I am one of those old people.
I love how my grandma is so matter of fact about being old and having to change her activities to accommodate. Bob is my grandma's new partner. When my grandpa died almost 5 years ago, my grandma invited some widower friends to come spend some time with her and to keep her company. The first one didn't work out so well, but Bob has been there now for 2 or 3 years. They met in 1943 when my grandpa was at Seminary in Chicago and Bob was training to become a missionary.

I wish I could be spending Thanksgiving with them, but hopefully we'll be able to go back to the States soon.

1 comment:

Amber said...

and here I was thinking that my grandma was the only widow out there on the prowl! She met her partner Ralph during a free month long trial of Match.com, and they've been together ever since. Your grandma sounds precious though.. mine is kind of pain!