Wednesday, November 18, 2009

More adventures

I have a possible job lead through a recruitment firm, which meant that today I spent an hour taking a personality test and handwriting a letter for my handwriting to be analyzed.

I know. Only in France.

Next week when I have the real interview I'll find out the results, and I'm curious what they'll come up with for my handwriting since it's obviously way different from French writing. If the expert reads anything into me writing a capital M with the point in the middle I'll have to laugh. Supposedly they're supposed to just be extra elements that help fill in the picture.

What's kind of curious about the whole thing is that the French government does not recognize any diploma in handwriting analysis (hint hint, maybe because its bogus?). And practically all the personality tests recruitment firms use were developed in America. I read online that they've all been "adapted" to French culture, but I kind of wonder.

In any case, between now and next week I'll have to practice my "I'm great, hire me!" speech with succinct summaries of all my major accomplishments.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what letter did you have to write? was it under 'test' conditions? What happens if you make a grammar mistake during a handwriting assessment? ;o)

Unknown said...

The handwriting analysis would be moderately less ridiculous if every French person didn't have the EXACT SAME HANDWRITING!

L said...

So far it hasn't been analyzed, and I'm kind of wondering if the woman decided not to pay a graphologist when she saw how different my handwriting was. My second interview is with a anglophone woman, so I imagine (hope?) she's less interested in the results.