So, someone said I was mauvaise langue because visiting some friends in Paris this week, I saw an apartment with carpet. When commented upon, our friends responded "Oh, it's terrible! I spilled some orange juice and you can't really see the stain anymore it's so dirty."
And I was also witness to some window screens. The screen was pulled down from the top of the window, a bit like the paper shades I knew in my dorm room that rolled up when not in use. So, it may be stated that screens do exist here, they're just really rare.
A special someone (B) celebrated his 25th birthday yesterday as well. Saturday evening is the party with friends, but I'm beginning to have the impression that it'll be more his mother's party than his own. She's been worrying about the food and people arriving late. I don't know if she's ever seen a young people's party with snacking and partying and games and music all at once. I'll admit to being uptight at times, but I think I've been beat.
Having mentioned my special someone, I'm reminded of my mother's and his grandmother's inquiries: So, when are you getting married? After all, we want to be around to see you married. And the (great) grandchildren. I think everyone in the world is hurrying to see get married except us. Life is decent if at times the future is uncertain, and between plans for grad-school and starting a career I don't see why we need to hurry to get married. Just take a look at some of links about modern weddings; It's insane!!
1 comment:
You've seen window screens? Wow, I didn't think they existed at all over here!
Post a Comment