Sunday, April 17, 2011

Trying to curry favor

While surfing around Facebook, I had the delight of discovering this sponsored ad:

Is the French government trying to change its image? Are they looking for proof that for some miniscule group of people going to the Préfecture is not torture? Do they really think people on Facebook are going to give testimonials for how the public service helped them?

I'm kind of thinking of giving a sarcastic testimonial: J'aimerais remercier le Service Public pour l'accueil affreux des étrangers à la Préfecture. Grace à vous mon mari a la honte pour son pays et je suis 110€ moins riche.

Anyone got something better? And anyone got an idea for why the Service Public is spending money trying to improve it's image? I thought the whole reason they were odious with everyone was that you didn't have a choice. It's not like there a different company that also does cartes grises or residency cards that they're going to lose business to.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Thank you for being incompetent, slow and just plain mean! I cannot find something positive about les Services publics!

BlondeInFrance said...

Haven't you seen the ads on TV? There was one explaining how the new pole emploi combines all the difference services into one "easy and convenient" office. The tagline was something like "working to make things easier for you". I might have seen one for la poste as well.

I guess they want people to be proud of the service public? Like a national pride thing. In the states the post office is "in rain or sleep or snow or hail . . ." so maybe it's something like that.

Does seem an awful waste of money though, when they could be, oh I don't know, hiring more people to make the lines go faster??